Monday, April 18, 2011

Ignorance is Crippling

I really do  hate talking about color all the time but ignorant folk always say dumb stuff and i feel obliged to speak on it. This girl that i have been hanging out with off and on seemed cool at first. She's 19 and we had a class together. We would do stuff like shopping and eating and the expected chit chat about men and sex.

One day we were walking out of Macy's and we saw this nice looking clean cut dark skinned guy and she says "Oooh he's cute for a dark skinned guy." I look at her and say "What did you just say? You don't like dark skinned men?" She responds "no" and I say "What you like light skin guys with long hair or something?"
 She says "yes."

See I don't have a problem with having a preference at all because I have a preference, but to totally write off a certain type of guy based on skin color or hair is so stupid. I mean she is young and maybe she will learn but for now I can't deal with her stupidity. And sadly, it doesn't stop there.

Last week sometime we were walking to the train and she just blurts out "I can't see myself being friends with an ugly girl." Once again I give her the screw face and say "Well I'm not all that so I'm not going to judge anyone and since I'm older I've learned not to look at things like that because a good person is a good person."

I haven't really said much to her after her showing me who she really is. I know ALL women are not like that but this is one of the main reasons why I write people off so quickly and so often. I appreciate that people have the need to tell me some shit they wouldn't usually tell any random person but don't ever come at me with your ignorance.  I think I'm fine with not having close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment