Saturday, March 12, 2011

I wonder...

[Insert nerdy thought cloud here] I'm currently studying Freud's Psychosexual Stages of Development. According to this model of gratification, based on my age and experiences, i should be at the stage of Intimacy.
Since my lack of intimacy is overwhelmingly annoying and somewhat changing my perspective on relationships, I wonder if it's causing some sort regression. And unfortunately I think Ive regressed to the stage of Anal gratification. Not anal sex but taking poos.

Gross right? Well I get a similar effect from self love. You get that urge and you prepare mentally for that sweet release. In my opinion, I didn't know this basic biological process could be so rewarding.

I literally get excited. Like "Yay! Time to go poopy!" And what makes it even better is that no one bothers me when I'm in the bathroom! (Hmmm. Maybe I should start loving myself in there.)

Anyway, this lack of sex has me wondering if, when we reach and pass new levels on Freud's Stages of Sexual Development are the previous lost or do we remain equally gratified by the prior? My textbook doesn't answer this. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment