Sunday, August 8, 2010

WHOA... Who would have thought?!


Damn... Its already been over a month since my best friend died. Yup, she's gone. Im still in disbelief though.
I'm not gonna get into how she left this earth because it doesn't matter.
Jasmine and I had a great relationship from the start. I met her in late 2007 when we were both working at Tele-tech. Her desk was right next to mine and it took some time for us to start speaking to each other. However when we started talking we instantly clicked. Then we eventually started going to lunch together and waiting for each other to log off the phones at the ends of our shifts. We got extremely close. When I met her she was a tiny little thing and she used to run down the long hallway and just do these crazy pelvic thrusts like she was humping. She made jokes about EVERYTHING!! Actually to think about it our whole relationship was full of laughs.
It was rare that I saw her mad or sad. To think back I can only think of 2 instances when shit really got to her.
I'm not going to lie though, I had my doubts about her sometimes because she took to me so much. I guess I would somewhat avoid her. Plus, I had someone to play the role of my best friend. Soon to find out that that girl was never truly my friend. So once me and that other girl parted ways it was all about me and Jasmine's friendship. She would come over to my house all the time. My family really liked her and then my sister started to do her hair. So, if I wasn't home she would come over and get her hair done. Even when i switched jobs we remained close.

I remember when I told her I got a job elsewhere she was so sad that I was leaving the job. Then She got a new job and she was telling me how great her job was at Sprint and I decided that I would try to work there and be closer to home. I got hired and she used to stand outside my training room and yell my name through the door while looking through the glass. LOL She didn't care at all.

And the way she used to talk to me... she was so funny and loose. She used to call me a "curly headed bitch" . It was all out of love though. Then she started calling me "Pampers" and I called her "Spasm".

Soon I lost my job at Sprint in 2008 and I was really depressed and she got me out the house a few times which I really needed. She even bought me a few CD's. Then she did me a huge favor by hooking me up with a cell phone and everything. She insisted I did that. That was one of the many times that she helped me out.

Then I decided that I was gonna move to Brooklyn and she was so sad. looking back on things I didn't give her the heads up that I was leaving and she was kinda mad at me. However, she made it her business to come visit me. She even offered to pay for me to come to Virginia a few times.

The times I came to Virginia she was always the 1st person to come see me and the way she screamed my name when she came through the door to hug me was so special. Its like no matter how long it was the last time I saw her or spoke with her we got right back to where we left off. We would talk , laugh, and joke about everything. Almost every time we were together I would crack up in tears from the way she reenacted stories.

My mother would always tell Jasmine, "Don't just come over when Amber is in town" We all enjoyed her company.

But, when she came to New York the first time with Jen that was a new scene and a more fun and wild Jasmine. These were the best times I had with her. Uninhibited and caring wild Jasmine. This time when she was here she started to cry because I was telling her that when I lost my job I was drinking excessively. She really cared for me. She actually made me feel really guilty that I was drinking like that

I had been through a lot since her visit. I was hospitalized for guess what? DRINKING. Since she was so concerned and thought I had a problem I couldn't tell her. But my sister told her and she called me upset and crying. She asked me if I knew that I could have killed myself? She was really crying because she loved me.

Anyway the last time she was here I spent the night with her twice and she ordered me room service and took me out to eat. She met my grandparents and my uncle. We had a blast that time.

The last time I saw Jasmine was on July 3, 2010. I just miss that girl like crazy. People that really new about our relationship would say that we were gay for each other. Maybe we were. i touched her pierced nipples, she touched my butt. She used to flash me all the time and I never really put up much of a fight when she touched me inappropriately. She was truly a genuine person and its hard saying goodbye. This is really one of the hardest things that Ive had to cope with. It seems like some people are just too pure for the cruel world we live in and she was definitely one of them.. She will forever be loved and missed by so many friends and family.


Love you so much Jas.

No comments:

Post a Comment