Tuesday, August 31, 2010

PT. 2 The Grass Is Never Greener

Situation 2:

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. You cant build love on hurt. I won't point this person out or anything, but we came together during very rough times in our lives.

He was having problems at home and I was dealing with the loss of my friend. These situations were so intense and since we both needed to get away, we confided in each other. I just knew that since we were both somewhat emotionally broken that we could only build up together. WRONG!

Long story short, he was weak and so was I. We both couldn't play that role. I agree that people should be 50-50 in a relationship but some aspects someone must hold the "Upper Hand" . I needed him to be strong for me and I ultimately couldn't deal with him and I breaking down practically daily. I broke it off with him like 2 times saying that we need to get our selves together. I know that sounds like some stupid generic response but I meant that. We had issues and I was growing tired of having to soothe him and try to find time for myself.

I let my complete guard down with him and he did that a little. I felt that he held back a lot of information as far as his situation and why it took such a huge toll on him. Anyway I broke it off via phone since we are hundreds of miles apart. Then he was angry and hung up in my ear. I gave him 3 reasons why I was done with him ( with the utmost respect might I add).

In return I get called "unlovable, a fuck toy, miserable, and moody" To top that off, according to him those are the reasons why I don't have friends. And this was the cherry on top, " The past two days let me know that I do have friends and people who care about me ( OH YES, ALL MINE ARE LIVING AT THE MOMENT)..." That last part kinda singed my heart because he truly set out to hurt me. My dead friend has nothing to do with him and I.

The day before she passed, she told me she didn't like him and that was their first time meeting. Maybe it was relevant maybe not. I learned a valuable lesson though, if you aren't together emotionally don't look for someone else to invest your emotions in or expect them to do the same. Its impossible! ( I didn't expect it to get this long. ) I thought him and I had a great thing going but I was WRONG. I know I shouldn't be jaded but its hard to completely be vulnerable to the next man.

xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. As Quick as you can delete this, i'll be out of your life forever. I just wanted to say that you hit the nail on the head when you described our relationship, the foundation we built it on definitely wasn't strong enough. I'm deeply saddened that it took "this" to figure it out, but I'm grateful nonetheless. Going through this gave me a stronger reasons to want a change...to want to be better man. I want you to know that I'm sorry for the things that Ive said about you and your friend, most of them came from anger, rage, and frustration. I want you to know that I'm not a bad person, just misguided at times. I ask you not to hate me, or resent me because of the recent transgressions that took place between us. I ask you to learn from them...as I will. Become stronger from them...as I will. You're a beautiful woman Amber and I wish you nothing but success and good fortune in the future.... Much Respect.

    ReplyDelete