Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Grass Is Never Greener

I have got to this off my chest. I've been bothered for the past week and then reminded again a couple days ago of why it is best to keep your guard up and never interact with the enemy.

Situation #1: I decided to visit my old boss at the Salon while I was in the area. I walked past the shop and no one was in there so I went to the barbershop next door and started to talk to one guy that had interest in me some time back and I asked him if the salon is still there. He said that she still had the shop. I let him know that I was thinking about going over there just to say "Hi" and be on my way. Since things ended badly between her and I, I wanted her to know that I'm over her accusing me of stealing and some other drama that stemmed from her being jealous of me for reasons everyone else saw and I didn't. I guess that's because I want to believe that people aren't always evil and have good intentions. Boy was I dreaming.

Anyway later that evening I walked to the corner store and I saw the guy and he said that the salon was open and my old boss wanted me to stop by. I was kind of nervous but when I walked in I gained my composure and as usual she had no customers. And as soon as I set foot in the door she says smiling " Hey Amber, you look pretty" And I said thanks and then she started talking about how the tattoo shop a few doors down was her and she pointed out to me how she redecorated and other mess like she had to prove something to me. Then she asked what I have been doing and I told her I was still doing temp work making good money. Then she asked me if I would do nails again and I laughed looked her in her eyes and laughed and told her that she knows there's no money in it because of the location. Then she turned the channel on the tv and the Nicki Minaj video was on and she asked the guy why guys like her? And then she says before he could respond and said "its because she's light skinned." Then the guy goes on about how his childrens mother is dark skinned. Then I got thrown in there and she said "stop lying all guys go for girls Amber's complexion". She said that with so much hate as if I wasn't even standing there. And there were 2 other females sitting in the shop, both brown skinned and they agreed with her. So I knew it was time to leave. I told her "see you later." All that was expected but what got me was about a week ago, a mutual friend of me, the guy from the barbershop, and my old boss sent me a text saying " Oh (the guy from the barbershop) is your man now?" And I was so baffled because I thought this person was my true friend to assume and not ask me. So I responded with something to the effect of: You should know me better than that for me to deal with him. My "friend" never responded back and I got to thinking that my old boss is the root of that. Its ashamed that this woman in her mid 30's is jealous of me. She has 2 questionable businesses, but they are still hers. Her own house an education a son and 2 cars. I don't have any of that and I'm not close to having any of that. Its a shame that women can not uplift each other and stop spreading rumors about each other because the next girl is pretty, or has long hair, or bigger breasts, and dresses better than you. Life would be so drama free and you wouldn't have to be fake "haters" and consume so much energy on negativity if we accept ourselves first. But I digress.
I'm not speaking to any of them anymore. I know how they feel about me. More reason for me to not have friends.

Pt 2 to the grass is greener coming up soon.

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment