Monday, May 16, 2011

Love Jones

Not only do I need this movie on DVD... (I'll go hunting for it this week and the soundtrack) but I wish cinematic love was real. I feel that maybe real love that's portrayed in these movies may be possible. I know majority of these story-lines are fanciful but art imitates life, right?

I remember my first love like the back of my hand. I can remember every conversation,  kiss, touch, the taste of his mouth, and every sensation that ran through my body from my interactions with him. But all good things came to an end when he told me that he was in love with his girlfriend. Whom I knew nothing about.

After him, I still remained open to the idea of love. My idea of love is pure and young that will eventually lead to marriage. As of late the consensus seems to be is that marriage is outdated which, in my opinion, diminishes my picture perfect LOVE *sigh* So is real love obsolete as well?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say it real love is obsolete but it's surely hard to find. Then again, should we really look for it that hard.

    Love Jones is one of my black love movies. It shows real love. Not that sappy-we-instantly-fall-in-love but more of the he-ain't-shit-probably-wont-be-but-I-love-him-and-know-there-is-something-special-there type love. Plus the soundtrack is awesome.

    ReplyDelete